11 October 2007

The Devil Made Me Do It (?)

I'm taking an exchange course at a very conservative seminary where everything seems to be about sin, satan, spiritual warfare, etc. This concepts are not primary in my theology; I'm more concerned about love, faith, hope, justice, etc.

Last week we went to a local park to experience God in nature. Easy assignment there. When we got to class, the prof asked people how they experience God or if they had to fight satan. I'm thinking: "Huh?" "Doh!"

I started my story about the park by saying I didn't have any problem with satan. The guy behind me, with whom I am having an indirect running dialog, he of the countercultist apologetic satan-focused school, started his story with satan. I'm thinking: "Whatever, dude."

Fast-forward from last Thurs. to last Mon. I'm at work and all of a sudden I start having this seizure-like activities. Only they weren't "true" seizures because I remained awake and alert (and cracking jokes, as usual) through them. I went to the ER via ambulance and after 3 days of tests, I have no neulogical damage, anad "they" don't know what happened. (As an aside, I am grateful to have NOT been diagnosed 'for sure" with seizures else I'd loose my license for 6 months. Sure, God would provide, but dontcha know it's all about the wheels, lol.)

So, I ask, do I leave room in my theology that it may have been satan, rejecting my rejection of said satan?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

> Read My Gay Forum Experience

> The Complete Gay Forum - Audio

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]